Friday, October 14, 2011

Seemingly inactive...

While I have not been writing much on this board, I have still been quite busy. I attempted to Challenge Drachenwald with a challenge another came up with. However, it has flopped. Only a few people showed interest and I'm not certain how far they have progressed. But I still plan to finish the dress I set out to make, by the date I set for the challenge. And I shall try again next year with a different challenge. I will attempt to tell the populace at the upcoming event about the new challenge and give a head's up. Then at 12th Night Coronation, I plan to issue the challenge. People will have one year to complete their outfit if they choose to join me. I'm attempting an annual challenge with a different theme each time. This is to encourage people to create something they have not done before. This time it was an Italian Renaissance outfit, as laid out by another site. http://renaissanceitaly.net/TempFiles/ItalRenCostumingChallenge.htm My own notes for the challenge I posted, can be found at http://annualcostumechallenge.wordpress.com/

The plan for next year, if anyone takes me up on it, is probably a German Renaissance outfit. Over the next two weeks I will put together the skeleton of a challenge so I can present it at Garden of Earthly Delights. As it's an Arts & Sciences event, it seems the best time and place to present such an idea.

Now, off to bed. Sleep is always an aid in such creative endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment