Sunday, November 4, 2012

Regency Ball 2...

I stayed up late last night and made quite a bit of progress on the Waistcoat.  The shell is complete, as well as the pocket.  I did not fully understand the pocket instructions in the pattern and probably didn't make it quite right.  For now however, it seems to work.  Today I hope to complete the waistcoat.  I have to add the lining/interlining combo and the collar.  Then it should be mostly finished and I can move on to the frockcoat mock-up.  I'm not sure what buttons to use just yet.  Hmmm... I should probably pre-wash the wool for that, as it takes a while to air-dry.  Here's a photo of the waistcoat so far.  It looks better on my fella than on the floor.
Here is a photo of the almost finished undershirt.  The collar and hem need to be finished.

*SIGH*  I just read up a bit.  It seems the waistcoats generally have self-fabric buttons.  It looks like I'll be sewing a few buttons today as well.  Not my favorite, but I've done them before and will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment