Saturday, December 8, 2012

1876 Girl's Coat Part 4...

The shell and lining are finally finished.  I need to remember never to piece things when I'm tired.  I had to pick out and restitch a few pieces that I stitched in backwards due to fatigue.  But it's all pieced.
My man suggested the dark green velvet for the trim.  I could not figure out what I wanted to use and he suggested the velvet.  That, or scraps from the burgundy velvet we have for his Santa suit.  I agree with him, the green is better.
Now I have to cut trim and the sailor collar.  After that, I need to attach the lining to the shell and pleat the skirt.  It's coming along nicely.  While I'm doing this, I should consider what kind of buttons.  After the use of wool and cotton velvet, for an 1870s coat, I refuse to use plastic buttons.  So it's either metal, or cloth covered for this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment