Sunday, November 21, 2010

Burgundian Pt. 1...

So my Fella has made a deal with me. We're booked for Yule Ball up in Flintheath. I'm really excited. But Michael is so upset (rightly) about not having new garb, he gave me an ultimatum. If I do not have a set of garb for him by Yule, we are not going. EEK! So now the mad dash has commenced. I'm cheating and doing the long, inside seams on the sewing machine. But I'm making joined fitted hose, a doublet and a houppelande. And it looks like I need to whip up an undershirt too. The first three have all been cut and partially sewn. The hose are tan wool. I need to figure out why his buttocks keep showing though. I think I sewed the crotch a little wrong and need to redo it.
The doublet is a forest green silk shantung. It was supposed to be a burgundy silk, but then it would be too much red with the new houppelande.
The houppelande is a red cotton velvet. This was supposed to be forest green, but I didn't have enough green velvet. So the colour scheme changed. I need to figure out what to trim the houppelande in. I have tons of white rabbit fur, but I REFUSE to use it. I will not have Michael looking like Santa Clause in Medieval garb. No matter how much he tries to convince me it will be cool.

Hopefully I'll have some in progress pictures soon. Right now I'm so worried about finishing it, I haven't taken photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment