Sunday, December 12, 2010

Daughter's Room...

So, for this Christmas, the kids are both getting their rooms redecorated. My daughter's room is in a Disney Princess motif. My son's in a Disney Cars. Their favorite themes. My daughter's room is going to be painted pink, with purple sponging. This next week I'm picking up a canopy that hangs from the ceiling, over the bed. I also ordered fabric that will be turned into curtains and a valance. The final thing, is I'm making removable wall art with my Cricut. I have a Disney Princess cartridge and will then throw the cut-outs in my Xyron with removable adhesive to make them stick to the walls. Today we began the painting. We have most of the room finished. I'm impressed with the time we made it in.

The kids are watching us paint and know we're doing that part. The rest of the stuff is being made while they're in bed. Then Christmas Eve, once they're asleep, we plan to put everything else up, so when they wake Christmas morning, they wake to their brand new rooms. It'll probably blow their minds. Also, one of their Christmas presents is shared. I ordered an 8 foot long stencil of the night sky. It goes on their ceiling and then you paint with glow in the dark paint, the actual map of the summer night sky in the Northern hemisphere. I had a similar kit as a kid, but I had a stucco ceiling, so it wasn't very good. Our kids have a nice flat ceiling. So it should work much better.

Below are two pictures of my daughter's walls. Not quite finished, but you get the general idea for the painting. As my fiance says, it's definitely a little girl's room. It's bright, but that's the point. I want my kids to have fun rooms that are all their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment