Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1876 Girl's Coat Part 6...

I have slowed down on the finishing of the coat due to the hectic schedule of the holiday season.  I must have it completely finished by next weekend for when my children come home and we have our own holiday here.  I had sewn the collar to the coat and did not like the method.  I picked it out and since sewed it again.  Now it's good.  I'm adding some trim to the cuffs and then need to add the "belt" to the back.  After that it's buttons and the bottom hem.  Then it's really finished.

On the side, I'm looking at various Edwardian, early 1910s clothing.  I am sewing a tuxedo for my man and need to make a gown for myself, for another ball in April.  Since I'm already making clothing for us, my children want clothes as well.  We might as well have an Edwardian family portrait done while we're at it.  I found a few French fashion magazines with patterns and will purchase some of them.  They have dresses for me, a dress for my daughter and a coat for my son..  I already have a pattern for a suit with knickers for my older son and I have pattern for a Buster Brown suit for my baby.  I even think I have enough red cotton for the baby's suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment