Sunday, January 13, 2013

Buster Brown Outfit...

I am stitching an outfit for my son using this pattern...
Front View, Boy's Russian Blouse Costume, 1905
http://www.tudorlinks.com/treasury/freepatterns/c1905brussbloco.html
My version is much simpler, without all the embroidery and has a simple collar.  It's based on the 1902 comic strip, "Buster Brown".  His outfit is completely red, with a white collar and a black bow.  Part of my reason for making this, is my baby reminds me of the character of Buster Brown.  I ended up cutting his hair the same way, so he's a dead ringer for the character.  He is also inadvertently mischievous like the character.

Since I'm sewing this and will also be sewing my daughter the original Girl Scout uniform from the 1910s and sewing evening wear for my fella and myself, also from the Edwardian era.  Since my older son wants a suit from this era, I might as well make the lot and we'll have our family portrait done Edwardian style.  My older son also wants a wool coat like his sister and we agreed on a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment