Saturday, September 18, 2010

Italian Renaissance Dress Pt. 3...

Well, the evil cartridge pleating for the skirt is finished. A long and tedious process to be certain. But now it is late at night and I am exhausted. Tomorrow I shall endeavor to sew the shell of the skirt to the bodice. This will have to do until I get in the extra silk for the lining. Of course, yesterday I started emptying boxes and organizing my craft room. AFTER I had used what brown silk I had for the lining, I found 10 meters of a blue-green silk. Figures I had enough somewhere. But as I hope to make this dress reversible, I shall have to wait for the brown silk to come in. I won't have a mismatched piece. After I attach the bodice to the shell of the skirt tomorrow, I plan to finally make the sleeves.

A plus though, was what else I found while organizing the craft room. I had planned to use a pinkish brocade for the cioppa. But I found a similar brocade in dark green. It really caught my eye and I asked my Fella which he thought would be better. He also preferred the dark green. Granted, the night before he was eying the pinkish brocade for a doublet for him. So he may have been a bit biased. None the less, I shall turn the green into a cioppa and he can have the pinkish. Also, I remember buying something like 10 yards of the green, so there should be plenty left over for something cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment