Thursday, September 23, 2010

Italian Renaissance Pt. 6...

YAY! The sleeves are finished! I also attached the bodice to the skirt. It's a little bit of a challenge getting in and out of, but it works. Worse case, I can readjust the front of the bodice a little bit and loosen it if I need to. Otherwise, it fits pretty well. Since I have to leave later than planned today for the event, I will have time after packing, to sit and sew some eyelets. Michael made me some emergency lacing last night. He likes to make rope and he made some out of pearl cotton. So I'm using what's essentially a very thin rope for lacing. The white cotton lacing is just a temporary fix, as I have no time to fingerloop anything out of silver silk right now. But it was a quick and good fix. The skirt is far longer than I realized and I'll have to hem about 8 inches to the skirt. But that too is temporary, as the skirt will need to lengthen as my pregnancy grows.

I hope to get a photo or two at the event this weekend. The skirt won't be as full as I want since it doesn't have the lining yet. The cioppa isn't done yet. The bodice and sleeves aren't embellished yet. But it will be a picture of the dress in progress. And we're supposed to make masks for a ball, so I'm hoping that will help make it look a little better.

On the more modern side, I won a couple things off of eBay that are pretty nice. A cute little rabbit fur muff and hat for Aveline and a red velvet turban for me. I'm looking at a rabbit fur trimmed, wide brimmed hat right now that's going cheap. All from the 50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment