Sunday, September 19, 2010

Italian Renaissance Dress Pt. 4...

Well, today wasn't such a busy sewing day after all. It ended up being a baking day. But I finally got the sleeves cut out and am working on them while I watch a Ginger Rogers movies, "Heartbeat". I also managed to take a couple pictures. I finally didn't forget. So here is the finished bodice and the sleeves just cut. On the bodice you can see the silver shell with the brown silk lining. On the sleeves, the brown linen interlining is on top of the pile.
As for the cioppa, it has gone back to the pinkish brocade. My Fella was all for using the pinkish for a doublet until I pointed out it was pinkish. I was not trying to discourage him, but I was surprised he wanted it. He had made a comment before about someone else's pink doublet and how he didn't like it and would not wear a pink one. He hemmed and hawed and finally decided he didn't want the pink brocade. He prefers the green. I shall give him one last chance to decide, before I cut into it, but it looks like I'll have a pinkish cioppa again.

No comments:

Post a Comment