Thursday, September 16, 2010

Italian Renaissance Pt. 2...

I know I said I'd get some pictures up, but I need to find the camera again. My Fella has too many and I don't know which is which. I should just dig out my simple one.

The bodice is all finished, whipstitched arm holes and all. I also finished the shell of the skirt. Unfortunately the silk I have for the lining is not quite enough. So I emergency ordered some more. It will not be here in time for the Masquerade Ball though. So I plan to attach just the shell of the skirt and line it for Crown Tourney. If I get the cioppa done, it shouldn't be too noticeable. But the skirt took a long time to stitch and I'm tired of it for the moment. So rather than attach it today, I shall work on the sleeves and attach the skirt later this weekend or early next week.

I'm still not certain how I want to embellish the bodice and sleeves. I'm short on pearls at the moment and I think they would blend in too much with the silver silk anyhow. I'm looking through paintings, but nothing really stands out just yet.

Then after this dress is done, I can speedwork the embroidery. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment